Thursday, June 12, 2014

Red Blue White Birthday

This is a card that I created to play in the Paper Players Challenge 199. It is a color challenge and the colors given are Real Red, Whisper White and Night of Navy (these are all stampin' Up! colors). Whenever you do color challenges, you necessarily do not have the same brand ink pads or cardstocks and that is absolutely okay. The idea is to use nearest possible colors. So If I did not have Stampin' Up! colors, I would look for Red, White, and Dark Blue. 

Anyway, here is my creation:


So I use Stampin' Up! stamp set called Plaid. It seems to have retired, but it is a set of 4 plaid design stamps. They are all different images. I chose plaid argyle for this card. I had to stamp 6 times to cover the whole cardstock... and also had some overlaps... but it just adds some quirkiness I think. 


The sentiment is from this old stamp set that I have had for a while now. I stamped it using Night of Navy and Real Red ink markers and stamped it twice and use 1/2" circle punch on one to punch out the U. Some wink of stella glitter and glossy accents puts some nice emphasis on the "U". 

I have always like the red, blue , white combo...so this was a fun challenge to play with :D

This card if for sale on ETSY

Until next time,

Happy Krafting,

Cheers =)

1 comment:

  1. I love the popped U. Really really highlighted the central sentiment beautifully. The ribbon with the brads leading to the focal point really helps to pop it, too.
    So glad you joined us at the Paper Players and shared this fabulous card
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete