Saturday, June 7, 2014

Mango Love

Today I created a scrapbook page with my Goddaughters picture :)) She is going to be 9 months soon and her mum is introducing her to people food. Trying new food item and deciding whether she likes it or not...Mom says she is one picky girl :D However, she started eating at the right time... In India it is Mango season... Yes Mango is a seasonal fruit in India ...the best are available from sometime in April until July. Once the monsoon season starts... mangoes are gone!!

Babydoll (as I call my God daughter) loves mango.... one mango everyday for her... she enjoys it!! Her uncle shared a picture of her eating a mango. I just loved the picture. Fell in love with her all over again (sigh!!)

So here is the page I created:


It is a simple page... I wanted the picture to be focus...plus it is hard to find Mango related embellishments!! The big eyes, the mango and her slurping....love how they catch your eye inspite of all the embellishments on the page :D Since this is her first season of Mango, I thought that would be apt journal writing. The Journaling card is from Becky Higgins' Project Life Kit.


I found b/w image of mango, printed it on cardstock and colored it in with Copics! The title "Mango Love" are sticker alphabets, while the words in the bottom are die cut. 


I used wink of stella clear glitter pen every where possible... the title, the words, the mangoes, the arrows and the hearts. Small wood stars emphasize the picture is the focus :D

This is all for today,

Until Next time,

Happy Krafting

Cheers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment