Thursday, June 26, 2014

Color in Life

Simon Says Stamp's March Card Kit had this stamp set called Color and Sunshine. There are some images in this set that you could play around with- crayon, rainbow, sun, smile face... and quite a few words to create your own phrases. 

So this is from the March Kit.... and I have not used this set at all..I just could not see myself using the crayons or doing something with the rainbow. I think my style is pretty simple and I use only certain images.... however I always wondered how card makers can use these different images and come up with such pretty cards. That is one of the reasons I enrolled in this monthly card kit. 

So here is my card using Color and Sunshine stamp set:


So I wanted to use this crayon image. It is an outline image... I wanted to stamp few...like they were scattered... but could not stamp them directly...so I decide to make a background with it. Stamping it multiple times and I used some Stampin' Write Markers (Stampin' Up!) to color them in.... bright colors :))


I also added subtle glitter with Wink of Stella Clear Glitter pen... hard to see in the images... but it adds a nice, subtle shine. The sentiment is 3 different stamps, part of the Color and Sunshine set, that I stamped to form this phrase. Since these are clear, see through sets, placement is very easy. 


 The little rhinestones were clear... but I used some Copic Sketch Markers to color them in and glued them down around the sentiment. The sentiment make this card appropriate for any age, could be from parents to their kid, or from husband to wife, or friend to friend!!

Even after completing it...I was unsure... but now looking at the pictures...I think it does not look bad!!

Until next time,

Happy Krafting,

Cheers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment