Monday, June 30, 2014

Birthday Block Card

Every morning, on weekends and holidays, I eat breakfast with my computer.... some coffee and some crafting videos..... while I was doing the same yesterday morning, I came across Block Card Video by Deb Valder.... a super cute card....a different shape.... and many different decor possibilities. There was another similar video and a third one....made me think...is this new style or am I just getting it to it late....either ways, I loved it and had to try it. 


ADORABLE!!!! The final card size is 4-1/2" x 6" so a little bigger than normal card size ( 4-1/4" x 5-1/2") so you could make a matching envelope or just find bigger size envelopes. However, this is super simple to make. The tough part is thinking about how to decorate it ;) 


You could decorate front, top and back or just front and top..... either ways.... it looks cute.... and surely will bring smile to the receiver's face. Deb Valder has a perfect tutorial explaining how to make this card (I loved how she explained it compared to the other 2 videos).  Click HERE for the tutorial.


For this project, I used Vanilla base, and layered it with Espresso Cardstock and Everyday Enchantment Pattern Paper (All paper from Stampin' Up!). The stamps are from following sets: Ciao, Baby!,  A Fitting Occasion and Create A Cupcake (All by Stampin' Up! and now retired) and used the coordinating punches. I decided to add some sparkle...so I did some gold embossing on the cupcake holder and added some blue rhinestones for sprinkles on the icing!

I enjoyed making it... and intend to make more for other occasions :D and give it better finishing touches then this ;)

Until next time,

Happy Krafting,

Cheers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment