Saturday, June 28, 2014

Birthday 2 U

My card today is made using CAS(E) This Sketch's Sketch Challenge #78 . I had copied the sketch in my card sketch book the week challenge started, but never got around to making it. Then I finally did make it last week...and got around posting it today. 

The sketch is simple....


What really attracted me was the 3 lines on right hand side...... you could do anything with it... ribbons, stamp, die cut, watercolor, stencil..... your brains go racing...don't they? That is why it took me forever to decide what I should do.... finally I settled on some arrow die cutting.


These tiny arrow points are part of die by Lawn Fawn called Stitched Journaling Card - It has a stitched journaling card and has star, arrow, banner and heart dies. The shape dies are like a line of 6 of the same shape... so you could cut out 6 shapes out at the same time or use the negative. I created strips of paper with arrow holes (best I could think of to describe)... but did not like how it looked. so ended up using the negative as stencil to fill in the arrows. 


I used 2 different pattern papers to create the 3 lines. The sentiment is from a stamp sentiment I bought long time ago (don't have the brand). Finally the buttons with the twine add the perfect embellishment.


I like the white-orange combo with pop of black through striped pattern paper and button!


Until next time..

Happy Krafting,

Cheers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment