Saturday, August 25, 2012

Gable box

I have been working on favor boxes over the weekend. Of course had to start from my trusty craft site... Splitcoaststampers. They changed their website lately...so their resources has been renamed as Tutorials. The favor box I made is called Gable Box. I had to google why they were called Gable Boxes. Found out that its the handles on the top thats why they are called gable boxes. Well whichever way, these are super cute. 


For the tutorial click on here- Gable Box

Instead of stamping like shown in the tutorial I added a patterned paper... I all about layering on cards, was not going to stop there....  had to try it here. The patterned paper is 10-1/2" x 3-1/4" and scored at 3", 5;1/4" and 8-1/4". I adhered the paper different ways on both the boxes (just to see which way was better. 

On the above pink box I adhered the paper before bringing the box together. On the blue box, I first put the box together, then glued the patterned paper.

Either ways work well...as long as the score lines (on the box and patterned paper) are lined up properly. After seeing few other boxes on splitcoaststampers, I realized that even if I did not score the patterned paper I could still glue it on well. Going to try that next time. 

These boxes are perfect for favors or giving out treats. I just love how they turned out. They can be decorated as per the occasion.

This is all for today. 

Until Next time,

Happy Krafting

Cheers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment