Thursday, August 16, 2012

Birthday Bouquet

As I always say... Birthdays are fun and cheery, so the birthday cards should be the same. I tried to make today's card fun and bright... while also trying to keep it elegant (maybe elegant is not the word...but since I can't think of the right word... lets keep elegant).


On this card I've triple stamped the image and heat embossed it with clear powder. This is a technique I had learned from Chic n Scratch-Fabulous Florets  ...long time ago and have made 2 cards using this method.  Of course my first try looked similar to hers..same crumb cake and very vanilla cardstock. Stamping this pretty simple....ink the image (from Fabulous Floret set) with the color of your choice...stamp it once in the middle...then without re-inking and picking it up, rotate the top to your right and stamp. Do that one more time on the left. Pretty simple...and looks absolutely gorgeous with big images. 

I do another step of heat embossing it. So once I stamp the image, I ink my stamp with Versamark Ink and stamp over the ink stamped image. With big images it is pretty easy to do (haven't tried it with small images). Then I used clear embossing powder and heat embossed it.

So go ahead, and try this technique ;)

That is all for now,

Until next time,

Happy Krafting,

Cheers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment