Monday, July 14, 2014

Mini Milk Cartons

While I prep for my classroom, I have not been able to make cards....however, for some reason I feel good when I kick start my day with some 3-D project. Yesterday I made the Medium Sized Box, 2 days before that I made the Slim Treat Box and today I tried 2 different sizes of Milk Cartons :D Yes again inspired by Sam from Pootles Papercrafts who uploaded a 2 part video today. 


She is demonstrating making a 6 milk carton carrier, with milk cartons in it. Today's video is on how to make the cartons. Tomorrow hopefully she will be making the carrier :) I still remember when I got in crafting, I was so fascinated on how these cartons are made. I had downloaded a template which seemed complicated. But this tutorial is awesome!! Easy and quick... easy to make a few at a time. 

One 8-1/4" x 5-1/2" sheet makes this cute box. So you can make 2 from 1 sheet of 8-1/2" x 11". In her video Sam has stamped on the box. I used 4 pcs of 1-7/8"x 1-7/8" piece of pattern paper. The sentiment is from Mixed Medley stamp set by Stampin' Up! (retired). A simple matching button with white twine and a cute little small clothespin are perfect embellishments. The finished carton measures, 2" x 2" and 2" tall (from bottom to score line above the pattern paper). From bottom to top (where the clothespin is attached) it is 4" tall. To watch how to make this milk carton click HERE

As soon as I saw this, I remembered I had seen another video by her on making a milk carton. So I searched through her Youtube channel and found this other one. Now this one is tad smaller. But as cute :D

Since I was trying, I kept same design on both. Isn't it precious?? This finished box measure 1-7/8"x 1-7/8" and 1-7/8" tall (from bottom to score line above the pattern paper). From the bottom to top (where clothespin is attached) it is 3-7/8" tall. To learn how to make this box click HERE.  

Absolutely love these cartons... it is a perfect size box for baby shower favors, or classroom treats. You can decorate it as much or as little as you want. 


Love Love Love the project.... cant say enough about it :D Might have to think of ways I can use these in my classroom ;)

Until next time,

Happy Krafting.

Cheers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment