Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Blue and Yellow Box

My project today is a 3-D project again :D a cute little box by Pootles Papercraft... and I am trying to use Paper Pal Arts Challenge 211 which is a color challenge of using Daffodil Delight, Night of Navy and Whisper White Colors (Stampin' Up colors). 

I came across the challenge this morning, loved the colors... had 1-1/2 hour before the link up for the challenge closed, so had to be quick. However, I missed adding the link to link up by few minutes!!! Nevertheless, it was fun to use the colors and make this box :D Next I am planning to make a card using the same color combo... its just a cute color combo I think. 

For measurements and tutorial on how to make this box, click HERE. Here is my version of the project:


The box is made using 8-1/4" x 10-1/2" cardstock. The completed project is 3" x 2" x 3-3/4". It is a good sized box.



It is one of those days when everything I used in this project is by Stampin' Up, except the pearls and the pearl brad. I used the Quint-Essential Flower stamp, stamped it using Night of Navy and Daffodil Delight Ink and used following punches:
2-3/8 Scallop -1st layer (Bottom)
1-3/4" Scallop-2nd layer
1-1/4" Circle- 3rd layer
3/4" Circle- 4th layer
1/2" Circle- 5th layer (Top)

 I decided to use pearl brad on top for opening, and also added some pearls in the front... I was not sure how to lay them out... but I like 2 horizontal and 2 vertical pearls... they just complete the box well. 



Here is the inside.... I did not have anything I could fill this box with, so I used the 2 post it notes lying on my desk... they are standard size (2-7/8"x2-7/8"). I could easily fit 3-4 more, if I had any. So you could fill lots of candies in it.. or use it for small gifts. 


The challenge colors were fun to work with and the box was easy to make :)

Until next time,

Happy Krafting,

Cheers =)



No comments:

Post a Comment