Thursday, July 17, 2014

5 from 1

5 from 1...what is that you ask? 5 boxes from 1 sheet of Cardstock or Pattern Paper ..I knowww!! Isn't that faboulous!!! One 12" x12" Paper and 5 different sized boxes. Yes another trial from Pootles Papercrafts website :D


So basically you cut the 12" x 12" Paper into 5 different sized pieces, score and fold to make the boxes. It is pretty easy. Although there is one trick of folding in the corner for the box to close (which I ended little differently...details below).... however, it is not that hard if you see the tutorial. Also Pootles uses Pattern paper to make her boxes. I used Cardstock and cut out Pattern Paper pieces to decorate. Click HERE to see the video. 


So once I got the boxes scored and folded all required parts....I realized I did not like the closure tabs open ... so I added some glue, first on the inside traingles (as seen on left) and glued it down and then some more glue on the other side, which fixed the tabs. 


So they are pretty decent sized boxes.... From left to right in the picture...
Box 1 - measures 3" x 2" x 1" (Biggest)
Box 2 - measures 3" x 2" x 1"
Box 3 - measures 3" x 1" x 1"
Box 4 - measures 2" x 1" x 1"
Box 5 - measures 1" x 1" x 1" (smallest).... cutest one :D

Since I used cardstock, I used Pattern Paper to decorate the boxes.
I cut the pieces 1/4" shorter and decorated the top and 4 sides. Following are the measurements I used for pattern paper:

Box 1: 1pc- 2-3/4" x 2-3/4" ; 4 pcs- 3/4" x 2-3/4"
Box 2: 1pc- 2-3/4 x 1-3/4"; 2 pcs-3/4" x 1-3/4"; 2 pcs- 3/4" x 2-3/4"
Box 3: 3 pcs- 3/4" x 2-3/4"; 2 pcs- 3/4" x 3/4"
Box 4: 3 pcs- 3/4" x 1-3/4"; 2 pcs- 3/4" x 3/4"
Box 5: 5 pcs- 3/4" x 3/4"

 
 The flowers on top were created using the Boho Blossom Punch by Stampin' Up! Finally I added Pink Rhinestone in the middle of each flower.

I enjoyed making these boxes. It was exciting to see as they came together :D I hope you try them out as well!!

Until next time,

Happy Krafting,

Cheers =)


No comments:

Post a Comment