Saturday, June 8, 2013

# 1 Dad.... Father's Day!!

Today's card is another Father's Day card that I made 2 days ago, but could not post. While creating my last card, I had decided to use a particular stamp set sold by Stampin' Up! called "Blue Ribbon" which has a pretty medal look alike ribbon and different sentiments that could be stamped in the middle of the Ribbon. It looks like this

Blue Ribbon Clear-Mount Stamp Set

The only issue was to keep the scallop intact with the ribbons.... Hello PINTEREST... I found a pin showing how to keep the ribbons intact and still be able to punch the scallop out :D It took me to Patty Stamps where Patty shows how to punch it out... She has a picture tutorial that is pretty simple. Click HERE for the tutorial.

So here is my card:



I created the background on the Kraft cardstock by repeatedly stamping Dad and a small tie image. Loved how it turned out. It is fun to see how easily a stamp can create nice backgrounds for any card =) Use the same Kraft colored ink to create a subtle background.


This card is for sale on ETSY

Until Next time,

Happy Krafting,

Cheers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment