Thursday, August 22, 2013

Housewarming Wall Art

I have always made wall art for my house.... I usually do free hand art work with ....so if it does mess up a little... who cares... once on the wall or high up on the cabinet no one will be able to tell. This time a friend asked me to make something for her to gift to her friend for housewarming. Scared me a little...but I agreed.... Little pinterest search... gave her options.... she picked 2 that she wanted and so I got cracking on them yesterday.


The big one is 16" x 20"... The original art work was on wood... So I painted the canvas with brown paint and use Titanium White over it... Free hand the writing and used some walnut distress ink on edges and all over the canvas... 

The smaller one is 12" x 12" and has small little phrase. I used Gorilla glue to glue the ribbons in the back....Gorilla Glue should hold it strong I think. I used Black and Silver-grey satin ribbons. 

I liked how it turned out....hope my friend does too and the receivers of the gift too. But I do appreciate my friend giving me this opportunity to make this art work ( helped me increased my confidence to make wall art for others :D) 

Until next time,

Happy Krafting,

Cheers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment