Monday, August 5, 2013

Birthday Pearl Chalk

As like all crafters, I love to watch technique and product videos on You tube...there are few channels I have subscribed to, and I simply love the video suggestions they give depending on what you see :) I came across a video of how to use Perfect Pearls (with binder in it)... Susana, the lady in the video explains all different ways you can use these powders... simple as is, paint with it, emboss with it, mist with it.... love it... I know it is not new out there... but new technique for me and finally I know how to use it :) If you are a novice like me...you can watch the video HERE. She explains it very well. 

So finally I decided to try it today.... I started with using it on white (don't have a picture of it) it was pretty light... and I did not remember to use Susana's suggestion of misting and letting it set. So it kind of rubbed out... so this time I decided to do it on black... and then remembered the suggestion, checked the video and followed it. 


That is how it looks...GAAAWJUS!! Love the sparkle it adds :) and surely after misting it with water (I also used heat gun for quick drying)... it looked perfect. Will try on white again :) 

So this card is made for 2 uses--one to send to a family member whose birthday is coming soon :) and to enter it for challenge at Indian Craft Room (ICR). The challenge was to make a card with Butterfly theme with twist of brads or buttons- ICR31

So here is the full card....



Girly girl pink and purple I know :) I think the receiver is pretty girly ;) Hope she enjoys her birthday and gets this in time ;)

Until next time,

Happy Krafting,

Cheers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment