Sunday, March 24, 2013

Flower Card

Few weeks ago I found this video on pinterest that showed how to make flowers using scallop circle punch. Layers of scallop circles, crunched together to make a simple, 3-D, awesomest looking flower. Following are my instructions on how to make them (with pictures)...However here is the easy-peasy Video if you are watch and learn kind of person. I surely appreciate the person who made this video for sharing it =)


SCALLOP CIRCLE FLOWER

You will need:
Cardstock (color of your choice-I used Vanilla/Cream)
Scallop circle punch (I used 2-3/8" and 1-3/4" punches)
Ink/Inks of your choice (I used Pale Plum, Perfect Plum and Elegant Eggplant-Stampin'Up! Shades)
Mister filled with water
Paper piercer and mat
Tiny brad
Color mister (optional)

Method:
Step 1: Start by punching out 8 scallops of the size of your choice. I made 2-3/8" first. Then I also made flower out of 1-3/4" scallops as the other one was a little too big for my card =)  

Step 2: Edge the corners of the Scallops. I used 3 colors of the same shades. Edges 2 of the scallops with pale plum, next 3 with Perfect plum and last 3 with Elegant eggplant. 


Step 3: Spray the flowers with water(you just want them damp, not soaking wet) and scrunch them up like little spitballs. 

Step 4: Open the scrunched up scallops gently and stack them on one top of other. Since I had 3 shades of purple- I started with putting the elegant eggplants first, then topped it with the 3 perfect plum, and then the top 2 layers are the perfect plum. If you have them all edged in 1 shade...there is no particular order for them. 

  
 Step 5: Pierce the middle and insert the brad. 

Step 6: Start scrunching up the layers. Basically just bring the edges to the middle and scrunch. 

  
Step 7: Once the flower is scrunched up, just start opening the layers a little, to your liking (like on the right in the pic above.)

I could not believe I made that =) It looks so real!!!

I sprayed it with some silver mist- it is a little hard to see.


But since this was too big for my card...I decided to try a 1-3/4" scallop punch and followed the same steps. Result- a little smaller sized flower... but as cute :D


Here is how I used it in my card:


 After doing the 2 sizes... I realized this could be done with any size scallop... I have a bigger scallop die (I think 3-1/2") going to try it with that as well

These flowers would make awesome gift wrap decor, or glue them on canvas- some nice wall art =) endless possibilities I think.

Try it...I promise it is the easiest thing to make and did not take more than 20-30 minutes. 

I want to thank Pinkaboo6691 again for sharing her video on how to make these flowers =)

This is all for today.

Happy Krafting,

Cheers =)     

   

3 comments:

  1. Wow ! The flower looks gorgeous ! Thanks for sharing the technique to make it !

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow!! you have a very lovely blog. I'm so very happy to follow you.. :D

    Deepti Stephens
    http://deeptistephens.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete