Sunday, March 31, 2013

Birthday Card with Telescoping Image Technique

So while going through Pinterest few days ago, I found this pin of using nesting dies to create a telescoping image look.... It took me to a tutorial on Splitcoaststampers (love this site). There is a picture tutorial and there is a Video Tutorial. I really appreciate how the wonderful ladies at Splitcoaststampers come up with such awesome techniques and make these awesome video tutorials. 

Anywaz so the Telescoping Image Technique is nothing but using nesting dies to make layers of an image and put them together using pop up glue. With an interesting image, it can turn out pretty awesome. I had few quick pictures to share on how to do this technique. However, you will find the complete Picture tutorial and Video Tutorial here - Telescoping Image Technique


Step 1: Start by stamping a big image- you will need 2 copies of the same image. You can use 3 or 4 nesting dies. I used 4 for my card. I used the Medallion Die from Stampin' Up!



Step 2: Layer the biggest die on 1 image and tape it down with re-positionable tape. Then nest the next 2 sizes in it. Tape down the 3rd size with re-positionable tape and remove the 2nd die. Run it through the Big shot (or any die cut machine)


Step 3: Using the small cut out from the previous step. Using the small cut out from the previous step, try and match it on the 2nd image. This will help you place the 3rd die on the 2nd image in the right place so you can layer die 2 and die 4 on the second image as well. Tape down the 2nd and 4th die and remove the 3rd die. Run it through the die cute machine.


 Step 4: Now you will have 4 pieces, that you will layer using pop up glue. Try and match it as close as possible to create a telescoping look.

  
You just created an awesome embellishment for your project. My image is too busy and matching it perfectly was very hard. But Love the technique. It was fun to make. I used it in a card to make a Birthday card.

Here is my card with the above embellishment:



 I love this color combo of blue and green-yellow and purple =) makes the telescoping image pop.


    

Popping the layers adds a lot to the look of the card. I finished my image with a pearl in the middle =)

I hope you go through the link and watch the video on this technique. Something very different =)

Until next time,

Happy Krafting,

Cheers
 


No comments:

Post a Comment