Friday, July 8, 2011

Experimenting Friday

So today was day of experiments. I had to... Today morning my friend called me asking if I could have a craft session for kids. She knows some people who want their kids to have busy summer, and she was going to meet them and could mention about my work and maybe I could do such craft sessions. Wonderful idea I said ;) That meant I had to come up with ideas to try and make it a Stampin' Up! workshop. So I went searching amongst all my fellow Stampin' Up! demonstrators.

 So here it is...a Frog Candy Holder cased from Stamp & Scrap with Frenchie She is really awesome (love her videos and accent :D). I like scanning her site for ideas because she has some wonderful ideas and techniques.
So here we have a frog candy holder made using punches and glue. It might look complicated but once everything was punched out, it was just assembling it. So I figured this would be awesome thing to do with kids. For older kids, I could let them punch things, for little ones, I could pre-punch it, let all of them use big shot (simple rolling it is-should be fun for them).
But still searching for other items =)


Then I ended up making this card. Now this is a technique featured in the Last Stampin' Success magazine- Double Embossing Technique. Now the embossing powder I used here is Non-SU. After embossing it, I used sponge dauber and Pumpkin Pie ink and sponged in a little bit. I simply loved how it turned out.
Double Embossing is surely interesting... this has just encouraged me to get me embossing powder colors =)

This is all for Friday...if you are interested in knowing about materials used in these 2 projects... buzz in :D

Happy Krafting =)

5 comments:

  1. I followed over from SC and just became your newest follower. Love your Frog. I love Francine's blog too. She has great videos. Great job on the double embossing. I'll have to give that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You for following :D I had come over to your side and added myself to your list of followers :D Hoping to exchange ideas :D Yes double embossing was fun :D you should try it soon :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Cute frog, love the card. Following you from SC.

    Hugs
    Shirley
    www.lookatmycutestuff.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great blog! The frog is precious, and will surely be popular. I found you via Stampin Connection, and will become a follower. Please vist me when you can.

    http://wwwjeansjewels.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I based my daughter's 3rd bday card on your frog - it's so adorable :) Thanks for this post!
    http://pinterest.com/pin/50524827039879861/

    ReplyDelete