Thursday, March 1, 2012

Funky Gift Card Holder

Continuing with trying something new......I came across this website www.stampington.com a very long time ago. It is a Publication company that publishes umpteen number of Art and Crafting Magazines. I was trying to find a cupcake template for a friends birthday (was leaving her a surprise of cupcakes, so wanted it to decorate the box). Google took me there. Now this website has some a Studio Section with ideas and instructions for free projects, video tutorials, limited but free templates and like. I copied down most of the templates ;)-- had to!!! 


Anywaz... So this time I decided to try the Funky Folder- would be a cute little gift card holder I thought and one of my friends birthday today so I thought I could make this for her =) 1 stone-2 birds-- Stone being Funky Folder, Bird 1 being my desire to try it and Bird 2 being something for my friend :D

So here is what I made-

Funky Folder/Gift Card Holder


 Let me see if I can put down the instructions in words ;)


1. Start with printing the template and putting it on tracing pape 
2. Then I traced the template on a Designer Cardstock paper and cut it out. I sponged the edges using Old Olive ink (SU ink).


3. The other side of this cardstock is white, so I lined the inside with an Old Olive Cardstock in the rectangular area. I wanted to write in there so I decided to do it. 


 4. Next I made holes on the flaps using a 1/16th" hole punch. I made them at edge overlaying each other- not realizing that would make it difficult to open it. So I punched holes a little inside. 
So you see 2 holes on each flap (hey its handmade... errors happen :D). So I put 1 brad on one flap (Pic on right). Wrapped ribbon around it and took both the edges to the opposite flap (Pic on left) and pushed them through the hole. Finally pushed a brad and sealed it (no glue...yayyy). 

5. Since I had 2 holes on the edges of the flap... I created a tag and tied it to one of the holes on the flaps. 


FINAL PRODUCT:



 Just insert a gift card or a little note or money and give it away :D


Will keep looking for new things and try making them. 


Until next time,


Cheers

  

No comments:

Post a Comment