Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Masculine Birthday

So while Winter Storm Pax pours his love (Rain, Ice and Snow Mix) on us, I decided to put my efforts in creating during our time off. Recently, I enrolled myself in Simon Says Stamp's (Henceforth SSS) Monthly Card Kit and I received my February Kit almost 2 weeks ago. It has beautiful DSP, cardstocks, a stamp set, ribbon and some embellishments. There are some cute DSP's in the kit....One of the designs is that of like spilled water on paper.... and in 3 colors...orange, gray, and blue. As soon as I saw it... I thought masculine card :))

So here is my card... a Masculine Birthday card.... it is (ofcourse) inspired from a card I saw on pinterest using the 3 DSP's from SSS February Stamp Kit. 


It is a single layer card... with Kraft base. I used the Itty Bitty Banner die by Stampin' Up! to cut out 2 banners for each colors. The sentiment is from Banner Sayings by SSS, which I stamped, cut and layered on sized Kraft banner. I sponged the edges of the card, banner strips and the sentiment with Early Espresso (Stampin' Up!)


I love how the whole thing turned out...colors and the sentiment! It took me few minutes to decide on where I wanted it. Original card had similar thing at the bottom. But my sentiment is larger so I glued the created image in the middle. 


The card needed something.... so I added the black lines as border.... gives a nice finishing touch!

This card is for sale on ETSY

Until next time,

Happy Krafting,

Cheers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment