Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Hexagonal Birthday

My whole summer has gone studying... At the end of last school year I had decided that cleaning and crafting were 2 things I will do over the summer....Cleaning never happened :P and crafting happened here and there!! Well... nevertheless summer semester done, a week of road trip enjoyed....and one more week left before work starts, so had to get back to crafting :)

Another Birthday card, made using CAS(E) This Sketch's Challenge #37 The layout was simple...with hexagons. The challenge has passed, but I like the layout.


 

Another reason I wanted to use this layout was Heidi Swapp's new stencils available at Michael's. I know there are many stencils available...but they have super cute designs, they are available in 2 sizes - 6"x6" and 12"x12" perfect for cards and scrapbooks. (Let me say, I am not being paid for promoting these stencils :) its all me... always love to experiment with new products and share :D) Apparently these are hot sell in the Michaels near my house.. esp the 6"x6"....most designs were sold out!

So here is my creation using the stencil:
 

 For this card I used the 6" x 6" Honeycomb Stencil .... good complement to the Hexagonal Punch :) ....The Hexagon stamp and the punch are Six Sided Sampler Bundle from Stampin' Up! The little stamps are from Birthday Stamp Set from Art Gone Wild (had bought them from a stamp show years ago). 


I simply used a sponge to color in the stencil. The images in the hexagon are stamped with Black Stazon and water colored. Also decided to pop them up using 3-dimensional stickers.

It feels nice to get creative :)

Until next time,

Happy Krafting

Cheers =)





No comments:

Post a Comment