Friday, July 20, 2012

Kitchen Rules

I have come across these various kitchen art ideas.... so many free prints available. I did save the free prints on the desktop of my laptop and thought about going to Kinko's and get prints and mod podging (that is one word lexicographers should add in dictionaries :D) it on canvas... Then I cam across this fun little art in TJ Maxx... I love this store for the home items... nice decorative vases, plates, art, cute little kitchen gadgets...





This is what I found there... but it was a little too small for my kitchen. The ceilings in my kitchen are at decent height and even though have tall cabinets...there is still space above the cabinets. So I thought hey I could make this myself. Clicked a pic of it on my phone and emailed it to my self. 

So 2 days ago I went out and bought myself a 18" x 24" canvas and started working on it... Some acrylic paints, stamps, distress inks and a sanding block later... here is my take--

Now I tried to go free hand on the rules and it did not turn out as nice... but hey...its home made.. own made... my touch ;) So I am okay with it... I am glad I had bought this kitchen stamp set... little rolling pins, kitchen mitts, and measuring spoons make it super cute :D


It is up on the cabinets now ...unfortunately could not get a nice picture of it...will see if I can in the future and will update here :D


Last look.. comparison picture




This is all for now...


Until Next time,


Happy Krafting,


Cheers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment