Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Christmas Tree Card

So I have been away for a while now... had been working as a short term sub in a classroom- 3 weeks of busy routine and work. But that has come to an end. So today has been an absolutely lazy day. My husband bought me a new phone yesterday... so spent the morning setting it up, playing with it, exploring it =) I LOVE IT--I have always been a Blackberry person... but had to move to Android-Samsung galaxy S3.... and Love it...oh the possibilities!!!

Anywaz so after morning of playing with the phone, I decided to get to my craft table after 3 weeks! Oh how much Ive missed it..did not realize until I sat on the chair and started thinking about what I wanted to make. The owner of the local store that helps me sell my cards had mentioned about making Christmas cards and selling them in packs instead of 1 card... so I decided to try that out. New Stampin' Up! magazine issue came in the mail last week and it has this cute little card with Christmas Tree made of paper strips- Simple and cute... I loved it. 

The original card opens horizontally and had rounded edges. I gave it my twists and made my own. This one opens vertically.


Technically you have to have a star at the top and I don't have a small star punch (something I need to invest in now :D) so I used the Boho Blossom Punch from Stampin' Up! and placed it to make it look like star and added the pearl. I think its pretty close =) The simplicity of the card beats everything.... cut strips of paper in different sizes and put it together to form a Christmas Tree.

Now 8 of them together =) 


Cutting the paper was a little tedious... but once I had everything cut- it just assembling everything. 8 cards done in 1-1/2 hr...I think.... But they turned out super cute. 

One last look


Until the Next creation,

Keep Krafting,

Cheers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment