Friday, November 28, 2014

Birthday Wishes

After watching crafting videos on using stencils with texture pastes and embossing pastes I decided to break out my stencils I have had for a while. So I brought some stencils and some distress inks to create a pretty background. 
                             

I used Heidi Swapp's Stencil and 3 shades of distress inks- Spun Sugar, Seedless Preserve and Dusty Concord. Then with the stencil still on, I sprayed some Pearl Mist. Then I cut down the background to my required size to fit my card. 


I layered black cardstock under the stenciled background and layered it over white card base. It took me ages to decide how I wanted to use the background.... add ribbon, add a big sentiment, small sentiment, cover chunk of the background, cover just a little bit????? Finally I decided to use sequins. 
Some clear and purple/pink tinted sequins which I glued down using multi matte medium. The supply of sequins and multi matt medium cam in my Simon Says Stamps card kits :) A simple sentiment from Stampin' Up!'s  Label Love is stamped in black versafine and heat embossed with clear embossing powder for some shine. 
 

Love how it turned out :) Loving the stencils.... now only to buy some texture/embossing paste and try that next :D

Until next time,

Happy Krafting,

Cheers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment