Sunday, November 16, 2014

Snow much fun!

Christmas is around the corner and I am now making Xmas cards..... I know I am late.... but better late then sorry.... talking about late.... I realized I am also late in using distress inks.... So over a month ago I had ordered my mini distress ink sets (I have all 36 colors so far :D) then ordered the storage containers from Amazon (Now how could I start using them without proper storage :P) and the round blending tool.

I am in love with them....now understand the craze for distress inks.....these inks are all worth the price!! My first try today with these inks was to use the ink and the round blending tool to color background. I was afraid I wouldn't be able to do it properly... but I love how it turned out. 

I used Simon Says Stamp's November Card Kit stamp set for the snow (stamped with versamark and heat embossed with Winter Wonderland embossing powder) and the red background stripes. The snowman is from Hampton Arts Christmas set I bought from Michaels and the sentiment is from Stampin Up's Snow Much Fun (retired).

Since I was experimenting....I decided to jazz up the sentiment with some glossy accents :) The sentiment is directly stamped on the cardstock. 

The image is colored using copic markers, wink of stella clear pen and some pearl mist. 

I am in love with distress inks :D

Until next time,

Happy Krafting

Cheers =)

No comments:

Post a Comment